What you’ll Do:
- Work with a diverse group of talented people from Thai, Singapore, and China in a hybrid workplace environment.
- Design and build AdTech solutions that meet the needs of both businesses and consumers.
- Help businesses reach the right audience at the right time by recommending food and services that are relevant to consumers, while making the platform economically sustainable.
- Understand the uniqueness of Thai local businesses (SME) Thai consumers behavior and have a deep understanding on Adtech business challenges to support on solution design.
- Work closely with Product and Data team to understand the business context, be able to identify problems/solutions, be able to integrate AI/ML capabilities with AdTech solutions, as well as build systems to help perform A/B testing and online model evaluation effectively.
- Have a deep knowledge in backend systems and be able to support and guide teams both in frontend and mobile development.
- Work and support in hands-on coding and non-coding contribution (50-50).
- Work with the team through pair programming in order to assess the health of the code base, and to observe team’s practices by coaching and mentoring.
- Be an individual contributor with hands-on knowledge, work associate with an Engineering Manager by coaching and giving feedback to improve team performance.
- Build a great community for the LINE MAN Wongnai engineering team to have a growth mindset and be able to work as a team effectively.
What you’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or IT-related fields.
- At least 7+ years of experience in software development, or in the IT industry.
- Solid coding and debugging skills – advanced knowledge of at least one programming language. We mainly use Java and Go on the backend, and TypeScript with React on the frontend.
- Hands-on experience to design, build, test, deploy, operate, and monitor APIs, event-driven microservices, and large-scale distributed systems, running on Kubernetes cluster.
- Expertise in Agile and DevOps practices including CI/CD, TDD, and pair programming.
- Exceptional analytical, strategic thinking, problem-solving skills, and willing to learn mindset.
- Being a fast learner and having courage of conviction – We are looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- Able to communication in English.
It’d be Great if you have: (If any)
- Experience in advertising systems and digital marketing business e.g. Facebook Ads and Google Ads.
- Good understanding of Elasticsearch or other inverted index systems.
- Foundational understanding of AI/ML technology.
- Track record of coaching and growing software engineers team.
- Basic knowledge of frontend/mobile development and Design Thinking.
- Good command of English: TOEIC 800 is a plus.