What you’ll Do:
- Working with talented members from a multi-national team (The primary communication language is English) to build our next-generation discovery, recommendation, and personalization search system.
- Develop and research state-of-the-art algorithms in the fields of relevant search using cutting-edge technology.
- Working with the engineering and infrastructure team in building and scaling reliable back-end search services, as well as constantly monitoring and improving the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of our platform.
- Guide and mentor the technical design (coding pattern, algorithms, architecture) by making suggestions from a different angle of view for a proposed engineer’s design (at LMWN we use the RFC for formal technical review process).
- Coach the engineer to create task breakdown and implementation plans. Also balancing between business impact, quality, and efficiency (technical development and engineering effort, understanding what is ‘good enough).
- Design and plan the rollout in the production environment with minimum risk and the fastest impact. We normally run experiments (A/B testing) for the evaluation of each feature.
- Work closely with the product team to see the opportunities in the future and plan our technical design to support them.
What you’ll Need:
- 7+ years of experience in the software development cycle.
- Proficient in at least one programming language for backend services, preferably Go or Java.
- Strong background knowledge in Elasticsearch.
- Ability to establish a high-performance and self-organized work team with suitable processes and procedures.
- Experience with AWS and/or GCP, SQL and/or NoSQL databases, technologies like RabbitMQ, Docker, Kubernetes, and Solr.
- Growth mindset and willingness to learn and teach from others.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills in business requirements and be able to suggest technical solutions or recommended workarounds.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills.
- Strong and clear written and verbal communication skills in both Thai and English.
It’d be Great if you have: (If any)
- Understanding of basic concepts of data science and/or machine learning concepts.
- Have a curious and innovative attitude.
- Good command of English: TOEIC 800 is a plus.
- Good command of Chinese: HSK4 is a plus.