What you will do:
- Collaborate with engineering, product, and data teams to design and develop a real-time data streaming platform that supports the business goals of the company
- Define, implement, and enforce architecture patterns and design principles to ensure that the platform is scalable, high-performance, reliable, and easy to use.
- Build fault tolerant, self-healing, adaptive and highly accurate data computational and analytic processing applications
- Develop data models and architecture for real-time data processing and end-to-end streaming pipelines.
- Optimize and scale our data platform across multiple data centers using Hadoop based technologies
- Enable and support data engineers to simply and optimize data loading processes by providing abstraction layers and ensuring optimal data infrastructure and reliability..
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, analysts, product managers, and software engineers to drive value for our customers and business partners.
- Manage continuous deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of the data streaming platform in production and testing environments.
- Implement and enforce data governance and security policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory and company standards.
- Mentor and guide junior and senior data engineers and provide technical leadership in data engineering best practices.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related fields.
- 5+ (Senior) / 8+ (Staff) years of engineering experience
- Strong programming skills (Python and/or Java preferred) and experience with data infrastructure components including Kubernetes and Docker.
- Deep knowledge of distributed computing technologies, e.g. Kafka, Flink, Spark, Hive, Presto, Druid/Imply.
- Ability to consider and negotiate trade-offs of different designs to meet use case requirements in the area of distributed and streaming systems
- Experience with DevOps practices, CI/CD, and SRE mindset.
- Proven track record of designing and evolving scalable high-performance data platforms.
- Understanding of data mesh concepts and experience with embedding data engineering skills into product engineering teams.
- Ability to design and implement shared libraries and abstraction layers for both software engineers and data consumers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English (Thai is a plus)
- Based in or close to Thailand, or willing to relocate.
What we will give you:
- Hybrid remote work between our office at the T-One tower in Bangkok, WeWork locations, and home
- Extraordinary place to learn and develop within a fast growing business
- Great perks as a baseline, such as staff coupons and pension contributions
If you are passionate about data and have the experience and skills necessary, we would love to hear from you. Apply now and be a part of a fast-paced, dynamic team in Thailand.