What you’ll Do:
- Design and build scalable data platforms, data operational processes and data products that can support enabling our vast amount of operational/transactional data for both analytical, decision science and ML purposes, and ensure good time-to-insight and data quality.
- Lead our Data Engineering, Data Science team, BI/Analytics teams and coordinate with different functional teams to create highly functioning processes and build a high-output, high-performing, business-savvy, customer-centric data engineering organization that is continually improving its efficiency, effectiveness and value to the business.
- Provide strategic leadership for the identification of opportunities and the development of solutions related to the data engineering lifecycle.Develop processes and tools enabling domain-specific analytics, decision science and scalable machine learning/optimization systems.
- Improve our data architectures and dataOps processes, improve data modeling, data quality, lineage and metadata recording/usage, and set up proper data management processes to not only ensure fast and high quality value-delivery of data, as well as proper data governance with regards to security and privacy.
- Build organizational processes to scale a growing team, including recruiting, onboarding, and day-to-day operational management.
- Utilizing the large amount of data from various real-time and batched sources, implement algorithms and solutions using advanced AI, machine learning, NLP and advanced statistical modeling to improve customer experience and service quality, operational efficiency, supply/demand economics balance, and overall value-add of the LMWN ecosystem.
- Direct and scale business intelligence operations and self-service BI initiatives; focus on creating operational efficiency and driving business decisions with faster time-to-insight, and enabling business impacts with quicker time-to-action.
What you’ll Need:
- Minimum of 10+ years hands-on experience in Data Engineering, Data Science Business Intelligence/Analytics or other related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of leading a data team and owning an organization’s data function, while working collaboratively with other departments and leadership teams.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on delivering end-to-end business impacts and product development.
- Expertise working with statistical languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) as well as big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Presto etc) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures, improve data operational processes, and setup data management framework in larger organizations.
- Experience with implementing scalable statistical learning/ML/optimization algorithms for real-time data productsA drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques, and the courage to challenge status quos and move us forward to solving hard problems.