What you’ll Do:
- Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision and standards in conjunction with data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders.
- Create short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall data management roadmap.
- Create strategies and plans for data capacity planning, data security, life cycle data management, scalability, backup, disaster recovery, business continuity, and archiving.
- Select and implement the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support data technology goals.
- Identify and develop opportunities for data reuse, migration, or retirement and platform upgrades.
- Oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics, with the goal of ensuring data quality.
- Collaborate with project leads and consultants and business unit leaders for all projects involving enterprise data and analytics.
- Address data-related problems in regards to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration.
- Document the project and programs data architecture and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture, an environment that supports a single version of the truth and is scalable to support future analytical needs
What you’ll Need:
- At least 7 years of hands-on experience in Data Architecture, Data Engineering or other related field
- Experience owning transactional data stores in production (e.g. MySQL, PostgresSQL)
- Good working knowledge of software development with Java, Go / Python and Distributed Systems Computing
- Experience to work with cloud-based engineering environments e.g. AWS, GCP
- You're familiar with infrastructure automation and configuration management tooling, e.g. Terraform, Ansible
- Passionate technologist, keen to keep pace with the latest technologies and continuously refine your skills
- Self-assured communicator, confident and impactful as a leader