• A hacker's mindset – the ability to build simple but clever and elegant solutions to new problems within significant resource, operational and time constraints through deep understanding of the business, creative problem solving, and a wide range of expertise in data, analytics, automation, programming, and prototyping.
• A good understanding of statistics, computer science, and data, and the ability to implement this understanding in complex business situations.
• Experience with complex analytics and statistical/machine learning techniques using R/Python/Spark
• Ability to read, understand, and implement state of the art algorithms, approaches, and methods from conference papers or published research
• 4+ years of experience in data science, statistical or mathematical research, operations research, or complex data modelling/ analytics
• Master's degree in statistics, mathematics, operations research, or data science is preferred
• Familiarity with Markov-chain modelling, simulations, various forms of gradient-based optimization in Hilbert spaces and mathematical (convex) optimization is a plus
• Familiarity with price discovery methodologies and strategies is a plus
• Familiarity with bash scripting, server-side app development (Linux, CentOS), Apache Kafka, APIs, R shiny, or Python Dash is a plus